Frogs are a diverse species of tail-less, stout-bodied amphibious animals which live near wetlands and other freshwater environments of Achaea. They may be a multitude of colors but are generally small with bulbous eyes and long tongues. They usually have moist, glandular skin and some species secrete special toxins thusly. Toads are a type of especially warty frog.
- Blue frog
- An unassuming, typical if relatively rare frog which is vibrant cobalt in hue. It can be found hopping about the Brass Lantern Inn
- Bulbous frogs
- Bulbous frogs are ordinary, run-of-the-mill amphibians which inhabit the waters of the southern Zaphar River.
- Fireback frogs
- This small black amphibian has long, strong legs and a bulbous throat which rhythmically balloons in and out. Like similar frogs, its skin secretes burning toxins in its defence. Mottled, irregular patterns of orange and red swirl across its skin, giving the River Mnemosyne frog its name.
- Fungal frog
- Mycelian amphibians of Lupine Hunting Grounds.
- Giant gwaeron
- Gwaerons are a giant, multicolored species of jungle frog which are usually bright yellow to a lurid green with warts that drip toxic viscous fluid. They can be found in the Istar Jungle.
- Giant toad
- These toads are larger than most and inhabit the sewers of Belladona's Keep. They are similar in appearance to the large toads of Qurnok. Like other frogs, their legs are considered a delicacy in some cultures.
- Green frog
- An unassuming, typical if relatively rare frog which is vibrant green in hue. It can be found hopping about the Brass Lantern Inn
- Monkey frogs
- A type of fun-loving tree frog, the long-legged monkey frog has long legs suited for grasping branches and climbing trees in the Atrousian Jungle. Its leaf-green gives it camouflage as it searches for insects to feast upon.
- Poison arrow frog
- This poisonous tree frog is found in Shala-Khulia.
- Purple frog
- An unassuming, typical if relatively rare frog which is vibrant purple in hue. It can be found hopping about the Brass Lantern Inn
- Spiny toad
- The spiny toads of Green Lake are called such for the small spines which sprout from its skin, a natural defence against aerial predators. They have small, webbed claws and their saliva is very acidic.
- Thornback frog
- Covered entirely by a slimy black skin, this poisonous frog of Grukai Swamp is larger than most and very aggressive. Hundreds of tiny thorns spread across its back, tipped with bright yellow to warn predators of its danger.
- Tree frog
- Tree frogs are tiny frogs with long, sticky fingers adapted for aboreal life. They can be found in places such as the jungles of Dun Valley.
- White-striped frogs
- Fleshier than its cousins also on the Mnemosyne River, this poisonous frog has blue skin banded with white. The toxins from its skin give off an electrifying sensation.
Other Frogs in Achaea
The highly intelligent Grook are said to be frog-like, but the reasons for the racial similarity (along with the origins of their species) are largely unknown.