Carnivalis Institute of Jestering
|Carnivalis Institute of Jestering|
|Leadership Style||Elected Autocracy|
|Classes Permitted||All (some dependant on Factional Cities)|
|House Tutor||Mr. Quackers|
|Heraldric Arms||Lozengy Argent and Sable|
|Icon||The Living Tarot (Destroyed)|
This page is about the House. For other uses, please see Jesters (disambiguation).
The Jesters Guild was founded in 299 A.F. by a man named Silvestri Carnivalis who was launched over 600 years into the future by a timequake caused by Eris, Goddess of Chaos. Upon his arrival, he found that the art of Jestering was very different from what it was in his time. In fact, it didn't exist. He set out to change this by gathering together a group of adventurers with similar ideals and gathered them around a spot in Delos to have them all chant. A short time later, a guildhall fell out of the sky, complete with mirrors, swings, a duck of the tutor variety, and a humgii named Jaws. He set out to teach the world what it was to laugh yet again.
- 300 AF - Lady Eris became the first Patron of the Carnivalis Institute of Jestering.
- 310 AF - Lady Pandora replaced Lady Eris.
- 366 AF - Lady Makali replaced Lady Pandora.
- 383 AF - Lady Kastalia replaced Lady Makali.
- ??? AF - Lord Hermes replaced Lady Kastalia.
- 518 AF - Lady Pandora replaced Lord Hermes.
- 581 AF - Lord Scarlatti replaced Lady Pandora.
- 618 AF - Lady Pandora replaced Lord Scarlatti.
- 676 AF - Lord Vastar replaced Lady Pandora.
- 772 AF - Lord Vastar withdrew His Patronage to offer His full support to Ashtan.
Leadership - Guildmasters
- 299 AF - Founder: Silvestri Carnivalis.
- 299 AF - Llewellyn replaced Silvestri Carnivalis as Guildmaster.
- 313 AF - Callianessa replaced Llewellyn as Guildmaster.
- 338 AF - Mendax replaced Callianessa as Guildmaster.
- 344 AF - Rishado replaced Mendax as Guildmaster.
- 346 AF - Myranda replaced Rishado as Guildmaster.
- 351 AF - Rosalinn replaced Myranda as Guildmaster.
- 357 AF - Nawtika replaced Rosalinn as Guildmaster.
- 374 AF - Paine replaced Rosalinn as Guildmaster.
- 382 AF - Calithandir replaced Paine as Guildmaster.
Leadership - Lords/Ladies of the Carnival
- 382 AF - First Lord of the Carnival: Calithandir.
- 409 AF - Tiax replaced Calithandir as the Lord of the Carnival.
- 422 AF - Triptika replaced Tiax as the Lord of the Carnival, becoming the Lady of the Carnival in turn.
- 422 AF - Kuntar replaced Triptika as the Lord of the Carnival, becoming the Lord of the Carnival in turn.
- ??? AF - Drayix replaced Kuntar as the Lord of the Carnival.
- 449 AF - Blackharp replaced Drayix as the Lord of the Carnival.
- 453 AF - Claudia replaced Blackharp as the Lord of the Carnival, becoming the Lady of the Carnival in turn.
- 459 AF - Ata replaced Claudia as the Lady of the Carnival.
- 504 AF - Triptika replaced Ata as the Lady of the Carnival.
- 517 AF - Bonko replaced Triptika as the Lady of the Carnival, becoming the Lord of the Carnival in turn.
- 524 AF - Pyke replaced Bonko as the Lord of the Carnival.
- 578 AF - Shihai replaced Pyke as the Lord of the Carnival.
- 597 AF - Blackharp replaced Shihai as the Lord of the Carnival.
- 604 AF - Sheetaa replaced Blackharp as the Lord of the Carnival.
- 639 AF - Sillias replaced Sheetaa as the Lord of the Carnival.
- 669 AF - Aktillum replaced Sillias as the Lord of the Carnival.
- 688 AF - Leliel replaced Aktillum as the Lord of the Carnival, becoming the Lady of the Carnival in turn.
- 768 AF - Rhydian replaced Leliel as the Lady of the Carnival.
- 904 AF - Bellis replaced Rhydian as Lady of the Carnival.
The Carnivalis Institute of Jestering previously possessed the Icon - The Living Tarot.
- Mr. Quackers, the Duck resides within the House estate and exists as their tutor.
- Jaws, a furry humgii, resides within the Carnivalis Institute of Jestering. Like other members of her kind, she will eat anything that is given to her. Unlike the others, however, she wears a jingling jester's cap and bell-tipped slippers.
- Eleanor, the Pink Elephant, resides within the Carnivalis Institute of Jestering. Thoroughly rose pink in colour, with a baby blue feather boa around her neck, the gaiety with which she trundles about, despite her massive trunk, feet, and ears, is enough to make anyone doubt his or her sobriety.
- Jimmy, the Penguin, resides within the Carnivalis Institute of Jestering. Rumoured to have been raised in the backstreets of the penguin world upon the ice floes of Kamleikan, Jimmy is truly a menacing figure, despite only standing at a height of about two feet. Though his slick tuxedo jacket and silk dress shirt suggest a courteous demeanour, his razor-sharp beak and glowering eyes certainly do not.
- Cottle, the Clown, resides within the Carnivalis Institute of Jestering. A stout Mhun, he veers to the far side of insanity, shrieking shrilly and piercingly staring about himself as his painted face smiles for all eternity. His electric blue eyes, red 3-feet long shoes, green bowler hat, and questionable-looking yellow flower clip all serve to complete his image of quintessential craziness. He protects the CIJ Estate.