- This page is about the class. For other uses, please see Serpents (disambiguation).
The Serpent class was one of the original classes available to adventurers at the beginning of the Modern Age, and its members have the skills of Subterfuge, Venom, and Hypnosis. Like Monk- and Magi-classed adventurers, Serpents did not have a single organisation at their disposal during the Era of Guilds, but several.
Some of the more notable Serpents in Achaea's history include:
- Loki and Ekanel, ancestors of modern-day Serpents.
- Lucius Errikale, Duke of Imperial Seleucar and a key figure in the Wars of Succession.
- Noxalar, purveyor of venoms in the Modern Age.
- Caprian Zyle, a messenger during the Wars of Succession.
- Syrax, a Seleucarian warrior in the War of the Deeps.
Notable Serpent organisations, past and present, include:
|Thrash||Use your whip to open painful, bloody wounds.|
Expend your rage to whip the target bloody, causing intense damage.
|Flagellate||Sensitize your target's nerves.|
Sting your target's nerves with a series of light whip cracks, causing the target to suffer from sensitivity for a few seconds.
|Throatrip||Go for the jugular.|
Use your fangs in a display of sheer viciousness and rage as you rip your target's throat out.
|Snare||Trap your target in a tight grip.|
Trip unsuspecting victims into your whip and strangle them, doing significantly increased damage to targets that are reckless or are not able to easily heal.
|Obliviate||Induce forgetfulness in your target.|
Use a minor hypnosis technique to cause your target to forget what it was doing, giving it amnesia for a few seconds.