Category talk:Divine Symbols
Any objections if I broaden this category to Religious Sites and Symbols so I can put Shrines and Cairn stones under it? Corvax 06:31, 24 January 2007 (GMT)
- Sites and symbols don't seem to fit together, other than the two being religious. Cypra 07:06, 24 January 2007 (GMT)
- Additionally, not all cairn stones have religious significance. Soliloquy 18:10, 24 January 2007 (GMT)
- Divine Symbols doesn't seem to fit the contents of this category correctly, seeing as some of the items within would be considered more "Divine significance" than Divine symbols. Why not just leave it at Divine symbols and specifically only keep their particular symbols, like, the owl, the unblinking eye, the golden apple, etc. Give another designation to Religious Sites? And there put the Arbor, any religious specific cairn stones, etc. --Askiva @ 05:02, 9 June 2007 (GMT)
- Agreed with Askiva. Divine Symbols are usually explicitly defined, such as in the God's help scroll, while other Divine-related things are just Divine by association. Asara 22:04, 12 June 2007 (GMT)
Added to edit needed as the category is incomplete. (Other divine symbols include Maya's Great Grey Owl, Agatheis' black diamond, etc.) Asara 18:52, 29 August 2007 (GMT)
Here are a list of Divine Symbols from a book I put together in a manuscript in the realm. Madelyne 19:50, 2 September 2008 (UTC)
- Aeyr - ?
- Clementius - Weaver's Fern
- Daedalus - ?
- Maya - Great Grey Owl
- Sarapis - Black Boar & Snowy Owl
- Aegis - Mailed fist
- Aeon - ?
- Agatheis - Black diamond
- Artemis - Yew tree split by a bolt of lightning
- Apollyon - ?
- Babel - Sign of the Twin, Iron Crown, Flame-Bright Spear
- Eris - Golden apple
- Hermes - Caduceus, His heraldic staff, two serpents intertwine around its length, their heads facing each other at teh top which is adorned with a pair of wings. His more public symbol is a golden playing card, the Ace of Spades.
- Indrani - hooded serpent and the arcane septagram
- Kastalia - ivory water lily
- Keresis - Her Divine symbol is of a sword pointing down with a large python twisting around the blade. Perched upon the pommel of the blade is a large crow with its wings outspread.
- Lorielan - crystal scroll
- Lupus - Great White Wolf? (he also favours birds of prey)
- Matsuhama - ?
- Melantha - wreath, cauldron, wheel of seasons
- Miramar - Silver scales of Justice
- Mithraea - The symbols most commonly associated with Lady Sol are a mithril sunburst, an unblinking eye, and a couchant lion.
- Neraeos - hippocampus
- Oneiros - white feather
- Ourania - The Holy Symbol of Ourania is a waxing crescent moon with a snake wrapped around its length, all surrounded by seven stars on a field of black.
- Pandemonium - ?
- Pandora - Her symbol is a silver hand, modeled on the one constructed for Her by Phaestus.
- Pentharian - The Divine symbol of Pentharian is a star of swords and maces laid against a golden disc engraved with mystical runes.
- Phaestus - The Divine Symbol of Phaestus is the Hammer of Phaestus.
- Prospero - gleaming circlet of silver and gold
- Scarlatti - ?
- Selene - silver rose
- Shaitan - an open palm with fingers splayed, on a red background
- Tarah - concentric circles and a silver dolphin leaping against a blue background
- Thoth - soaring vulture, large willow tree, black flame
- Twilight - glowing red eyes surrounded by darkness, shadowy owls, and lamens
- Valnurana - rare black swan, orchid flowers
- Vastar - The Divine Symbols of the Skylord include a stylised whirlwind of silver on a field of white, a sapphire falcon with extended wings, and a glowing spiral of silver on a cerulean background.
Added internal links to most of the above. Some that are described with more than a few words I left for someone with more knowledge about that Divine's symbol(s). Madelyne 14:11, 18 August 2009 (UTC)