An adventurer will experience Divine favour or disfavour when a God is particularly pleased or angered, respectively. While favours and most disfavours last a limited time, some disfavours may be permanent.
There are four levels of favours and disfavours, each with its own advantages or disadvantages. From least to most powerful, they are:
- Adds (or deducts) a point of constitution.
- Adds something to your appearance.
- Strong (Dis)Favour
- Alters your skills, with the amount in each skill dependent on the God doing the favouring or disfavour.
- Gives an experience bonus, or takes away some experience when it ends.
- High (Dis)Favour
- You will no longer need food or sleep, or your need for them is doubled.
- Adds a damage-reducing shield, cutting damage (of all kinds, from all sources) done to you by about 15%, or makes you take about 15% more damage. Not cumulative with any other favours.
- True (Dis)Favour
- Adds (or deducts) one point to (or from) all stats.