AchaeaWiki talk:Contributing Guidelines
Well he didn't, but since he's apparently our big daddeh and copyedits our stuff and makes us sign our other stuff....
Yeah I think we should standardize our text so it looks more um, professional and stuff. Like, bolded names and italicized locations or vice versa.
PS: I still wish we could change our fonts to pretty colours though :(
Skyepie 20:13, 30 Jun 2005 (GMT) (see I remembered to sign)
Let's start with this as a baseline: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Manual_of_Style If you have suggestions for any additional guidelines that need to be made specifically for Achaea, post them here!
Above was Maya. ;)
Also, read here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Manual_of_Style if you want to learn more about formatting, making tables, headers, and so forth. - Maya
Because of the unique nature of this Wiki, I think there are some style things that need to be decided on (as Skye said). The following are my suggestions:
- In pages about Areas, individual places within the area should be bolded.
- Other areas and all denizens should be linked, not bolded or italicised.
- We should decide whether or not we'll have pages on Adventurers. Some (like Servelan, Maran, et cetera) should definately have pages, but I'm not sure if all should. At any rate, link to important Adventurers, bold others.
Valeo 18:37, 1 Jul 2005 (GMT)
- Also, when responding to a comment in a talk page, it's a good idea to indent. If someone were to respond to this comment, for instance, they would write :: at the front of their comment. Also, be sure to sign using ~~~~, which produces the very helpful: Valeo 18:39, 1 Jul 2005 (GMT)
- I agree with the first two. I mean, this is supposed to go above and beyond the help files. If it exists, it should be here, even if its just a small blurb about what it is/was.
- As for adventurer pages, I'd say the people who were previously in Help Notables should have a blurb. Under each house or guild or city page, perhaps there can be a listing of each council member or guildmaster and a bit about them. Lereas 18:41, 1 Jul 2005 (GMT)
- No, see revised guidelines. Aeyr 22:59, 1 Jul 2005 (GMT)
- Oh, one more thing. We need to decide when it's appropriate to link to the helpfiles. Valeo 18:43, 1 Jul 2005 (GMT)
- I would imagine that when its something minimal and very factual that doesn't need any further information. Maybe to....shift. Or...um...Newbies, since the current file is pretty much all you'd need to know.
- Rule of thumb: If a new article wouldn't contribute anything new, just link to the help file. Aeyr 22:59, 1 Jul 2005 (GMT)
Another question! I created the Empyreal Assembly page today (first as the Priests, but then moved it). It covers both the Priests and the Empyreal Assembly, because they're essentially the same Organisation, just with a different name. In the future, will we be doing different pages for the guilds and houses? Or keep them the same like I've done? Also, should I change that? *g* Valeo 21:46, 1 Jul 2005 (GMT)
- Rule of thumb: Create a house page, and mention what guild it was previously, but do not create a separate guild page. Aeyr 22:59, 1 Jul 2005 (GMT)
Laws on City Pages
I'm wondering if we should continue to put the city laws on city pages, or create a new page. Personally, I think they take up a ton of unnecessary room, and it would make it easier and prettier to put them on another page, but I wanted to get an official word before I just did that. Valeo 03:04, 4 Jul 2005 (GMT)